- the ultimate desktop calculator
Qalculate! is a multi-purpose desktop calculator for GNU/Linux (now ported to
Mac via MacPorts). It is small and simple to use but with much power and
versatility underneath. Features include customizable functions, units,
arbitrary precision, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK+).
This project welcomes new developers. Visit the project page here
.: 2016-04-30 :. A new version coming soon...
The graphical user interface has been ported to GTK+ 3 (unfortunately the KDE version has been abandoned for now) and lots of bugs have been fixed. Even a few new features have been introduced in the process. Only few more fixes and a lot more testing are needed before I will release a shiny new version of Qalculate.
.: 2010-01-06 :. Qalculate! version 0.9.7 released
After a long time without updates, a new version of Qalculate! is available for download. This is a bug fix and build update release. Qalculate! should now compile and work on most modern systems.
- General build updates and bug fixes, including the ability to build against cln >= 1.2
- Bug fix for segfaults with some uses of integrate()
- New Simplified Chinese translation
- Fix crash with unsupported operator in RPN syntax
- Fix reduction of vector size
.: 2007-06-17 :. Qalculate! version 0.9.6 released
A new version of Qalculate! providing enhanced stability and usability with bug fixes and feature enhancements is now available.
- Use Lambert W to solve more equations and avoid infinite loop when solving some equations
- More data on elements
- Fix simplification of (1-1/x)^3 and similar
- Fix clumsy mistakes in with prefixes leading to crashes
- Fix parsing of unit expressions (when converting) such as W/(m K)
- Add more exact values for sin() and cos() and avoid floating point underflow by, in approximate mode,
checking against the value of pi
- Always input decimal separator sign on keypad separator press
- Fix crash when expression entry reclaims focus if compiled with optimizations (GTK+)
- New units: typographic units, pouce, pied du roi, grams of TNT and tons of TNT
- New functions: lambertW(), addDays(), addMonths(), addYear(), addTime(), isNumber(), isReal(), isRational(), isInteger(),
representsNumber(), representsReal(), representsRational(), representsInteger()
- New variable: omega constant
- Other minor fixes and enhancements
.: 2006-12-17 :. Qalculate! version 0.9.5 finally released
After a long time with sporadic development, here is a new version with many new features and bug fixes.
- French translation (not fully complete yet)
- Return value in save() and add "name := value" as shortcut
- Integer factorization
- Interpret 0x[0-9,a-f] as hexadecimal number (do not require first digit to be 0-9)
- Add "Engineering" display mode
- Several fixes to display of units and prefixes
- Show value for variables without title in expression completion
- New functions: cross(), heaviside(), rectangular(), triangular(), ramp() kronecker(), sigmoid(), and logit()
- Use radius as argument for circumference()
- Add optional upper and lower limit arguments to integrate() for definite integrals
- Fix precision in logn()
- Ability to set shortcuts for meta modes (KDE)
- Make separate options for "Sort Minus Last" and "Negative Exponents" in numerical display menu
- Add "Edit Expression", "Edit Result", and "Insert Result Variable" to history context menu (KDE)
- Global shortcut for show/hide (KDE)
- Use localized comma for insert matrix/vector
- Remove use of libgnomeui completely and add --with-libgnome configure option
- Fix parsing of "x!)!"
- Use Julian year for light-year value
- Add several accelerator keys (GTK+)
- Connect "Exp" button Exp RPN operation and add Ctrl+Shift+E shortcut
- Fixes for old KDE and Qt versions
- New command line options for qalc: -terse (-t), -nodefs (-n), -nocurrencies, -nodatasets, -nofunctions, -nounits, -novariables